Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm in love with Summer Reading!

Reading at the pool... :)

Gosh, can you believe it is already the end of July? It is going really fast, but the best part is that there is still a whole month left of summer reading!! And when that is over, there will be a whole year of third grade reading! YeeHah!
I had my neighborhood book club last night and had so much fun talking about the book we all read. My friends made me think about the story in ways I wouldn't have thought about it if I hadn't talked to them. Talking about stories makes them even better than you thought they were!
I also read a book called The White Giraffe about a girl who moves to South Africa and learns how to ride a rare white giraffe and a biography about Leonardo DaVinci, who was a genius! I'm still reading my devotions each morning, a book on the Holy Spirit and a couple books on how to be a better teacher.
It was great to hear from Allison, who wrote: Allison arriola said...

Hi,
I just finished reading my library book. now I am going to read wimpy kid Dog days, by Jeff kinney.


I can't wait to hear what you are reading!!

3 comments:

  1. I have been reading Judy Moody Around the world in 8 1/2 days. Its where in school they have different groups and they get together and they have to tell about different countries and they have to do it in 8 1/2 days. I have also read Berenstain Bears and the Perfect Crime Almost. It is where the bears at school the cubs have to clear off the bulletin boards and in the teachers lounge they fined the Declaration of Bear Independance they are are going to put in on display for the 4th of July but there is a guy that wants to steal it and sell it to a rich guy. The thief lives on a boat and he wants to use the money to buy a house. He pretends to be the authenticator and switches them. The bears cubs find out but you will have to read it to find out the ending. Cant wait to see you. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like football karate dogs snakes


    I don't like school homework waking up early chimpanzees

    And I'm Andrew

    ReplyDelete