Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July--A Great Month to Read!



At least once in July you need to go to the beach! So I did! And, of course, I brought a book. I also stuck my toe in the water and it was wayyyy too cold so I sat back down to read some more. Right now I am reading a book called How To Steal A Dog. It is about a little girl who is homeless and comes up with a plan to raise enough money to get an apartment for her family. I like this book so much that we may read it this year as a class story. What do you think? Would you be surprised if I told you there was a dog in the story? I love dogs...
I was excited to hear from more of you this last week! It is soooo wonderful to know that there are so many readers beginning third grade this year!

Shelby said: I have been reading Leperchan in Late Winter and also a coup0le Junie B. Jones books.
Great choice, Shelby!

McKenna said: I have been reading Judy Moody Around the world in 8 1/2 days. Its where in school they have different groups and they get together and they have to tell about different countries and they have to do it in 8 1/2 days. I have also read Berenstain Bears and the Perfect Crime Almost. It is where the bears at school the cubs have to clear off the bulletin boards and in the teachers lounge they fined the Declaration of Bear Independance they are are going to put in on display for the 4th of July but there is a guy that wants to steal it and sell it to a rich guy. The thief lives on a boat and he wants to use the money to buy a house. He pretends to be the authenticator and switches them. The bears cubs find out but you will have to read it to find out the ending. Cant wait to see you. Bye McKenna, You certainly can't go wrong with Judy Moody! And who doesn't love the Berenstain Bears. I don't think I've read that one yet, so I'll have to put it on my list of "Must Reads". So fun to hear from you!!

And Leah said: hi evryone!!! i wrote something along time ago but i gues i did it wrong becaus i dont see it on here. OK! I am reading RAMONA! I like all her books nad today i am going to see the movie! I also read the wimpy kid books to. Alli A and I went to the libray and got a craft book and made crafts. Dos that count? We had so much fun! I cant wait to find out who my teacher is! I think you are both super cool! 3rd grade is going to rock! Leah, I'm so sorry we missed your first post! But I'm super excited that you visited again...Ramona is one of the best characters ever created for third graders if you ask me. How was the movie? And you better believe that craft books count!! I'd love to see what crafts you made.
Colby said: Hi Mrs. Surridge! I can't WAIT for 3rd grade! To which I say DITTO!

Both Mrs. Rumsey and I are very excited to meet everyone in our classes. We are just bummed that we have to split you up! We both want all of you! You should be getting your letters in the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment